Two Very Sweet Dogs Need Loving Homes - Helping a Homeless Family

From: "Rebecca (Pease) Pritchett" <anastice@gmail.com>
Subject: Two Very Sweet Dogs Need Loving Homes - Helping a Homeless Family
Date: December 29th 2014

My teacher friend is helping the homeless family of one of her students get into an RV Park where they can have access to laundry, showers, utilities, and easy walking distance to groceries and school. She has raised enough money for 5-6 months at the RV Park, but before the family can be moved, they need to find homes for two very sweet dogs that the mom and 3 young kids don't want to see go to a shelter.

The calico looking one is Shiela, female, very sweet dog all around. The white one is Toby, male, sweet dog, a little bit nervous around strange men at first, but took to my male friend no problem. Probably safe to assume that they need everything (shots / spay / neuter) since their family was homeless and wouldn't have had the financial means to take them to a vet.

They've been around young children (ages 5, 6, and 8) so they are great with kids. The kids love these dogs dearly, but they can't bring them to the RV Park.

To read more about the family's situation, here is a link to the the GoFundMe campaign that my teacher friend put together to raise a year's worth of living expenses (RV Park rental costs, utilities, coin laundry) to get the family back on their feet (in particular, update #2 has a lot of good information, and update #1 includes a picture of the family on Christmas after receiving a tree, toys, clothes, and a hearty Christmas dinner):

http://www.gofundme.com/helpmystudent

The dogs are currently located near Mojave, but I am willing to provide transport to just about anywhere in Southern California for them to go to a good home. Would possibly even consider driving up to the Bay Area in California or to Las Vegas, if it was the right fit.

If not interested for yourself, please consider spreading the word, both about the two dogs that need homes and also about the GoFundMe Campaign to help get this family on their feet. Here's another link that can be shared, which has the same info included in this email, as well as the four individual pictures that are shown in the attached photo collage.

http://www.photoninja.net/gallery/index.php/animals-in-need/Shiela-and-Toby

Thank you for whatever you can do.

-Rebecca
anastice@gmail.com

  • This mailing list is announce-only.

This is a mailing list to advertise animals who need homes, and other related items.

Privacy Policy:

This list is hosted on my domain, so your address is not given out to anyone. Therefore, you will not get spam by signing up with this list. If you feel that you no longer wish to receive emails from this list, you may unsubscribe at any time.